Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting Closer

I type with anticipation and anxiety, but I also feel extremely excited for the coming adventures. The last few months have been filled with amazing memories made, wonderful send-off's from both the island and home, and excursions with friends. I have never felt so loved! These feelings come at a time of major change in my life, which adds to my meager apprehension. I am going to miss all these people with whom I have grown up and been through many different stages thus far. My only consolation is the knowledge that saying "goodbye" really isn't as final as it used to be. I will have adequate internet time and skype is such a connecter. 

My bags are packed (not without some multiple sessions of unpacking) and I left ventura for the last time, at least for awhile. Friday I will be flying to D.C., where i'll be touring and relaxing with my mom and gene for a few days. I'm excited to eat a lot of rich food and relax for a few days before heading off to the Asian continent. There are so many things I have been thinking about all at once, its hard to even write an entry with a focused mind. I guess a mini update wouldn't be out of order. 

I left the island in the middle of july and since then i've eaten some really great mexican food, taken a trip to portland, climbed a lot and "tied up loose ends" so to speak. I've been also doing a lot of language learning of Russian through online Rosetta Stone. 

All that is left now is enjoy D.C., relax and prepare my mind for the journey ahead.  

1 comment: