Wednesday, February 2, 2011

173 days

I know, I know. I shouldn't be "counting down" days I have left in KZ. The act can only bring about impatience, switching between elation and anxiety with great celerity. I have ceased yet to "check out", I'm still very much into the swing of things, teaching, doing clubs, leading yoga classes. All is well, I'll be starting to train for a half marathon in May. I was made aware of a place in Satpaev that offers an indoor track, tiny and old, it'll have to do until the snow melts. All really is well.
I've started teaching some "extra" lessons [simply because I don't have many regular lessons to fill my schedule up as of right now. I had a whopping 10 students my first day, and a staggering THREE in my second lesson. I can't say I blame the students who chose not to stay and enter in the college course structured class I am offering. One, I have put certain stipulations in the syllabus [that's right, a syllabus], that would forbid them from using cellphones in class, from being late and from having an excused absence without a written and signed note. Ideas that are completely unheard of this side of the Atlantic. We'll see how it all works out. From this week onward until May 25th I'll be teaching. after that, a short interim between campGLOW [June 26-July 3] and the end of school will afford me time to travel a bit and go to my Closing of Service conference and THAILAND. yes, THAILAND. I'm very very very ecstatic. I'm going to knock one off the old bucket list, 10 days in Thailand. Lots of great things to look forward to. Namely, I'll be back in California before August is through. I've finally allowed myself to start thinking about it and thus now it's creeping out into my blog posts. I plan to not go to overboard, I've got projects and plans in line for the next months that will be sure to keep me busy.

CAMP GLOW


THESE GIRLS

MY SITEMATES

STRAIGHT UP FUN.



No comments:

Post a Comment